英语口语练习小对话 第82期:指望依靠
迷你对话:
A:I feel pity for the old man.
我可怜那位老人。
B:I feel the same way.
我也是。
A:It must be dreadful to grow old.
老了真是可怕。
B:Yeah. He has no one tocount on.
是呀,他指望不上任何人。
词海拾贝:
1.feel pity for:同情,怜悯
Eg. I feel pity for you, but I can't help you this time.
我同情你,但是这次是帮不了你了。
Eg. She was lazy so I do not feel pity for her now she's lost her job.
她这么懒惰,所以她失业了我也不会同情她。
Eg. I don't feel much pity for her.
我不太同情她。
2.feel the same way:有同感
Eg. They feel the same way about the matter.
他们对此有同感。
Eg. I feel the same way and hope it stays fine the year round.
我有同感,希望一年四季天气总是晴朗。
Eg. I feel the same way about Alan!
我同样感到Alan是为我而造的。
Eg. I feel the same way as my partner does.
我跟我的同事有着同样的感觉。
3.count on:依靠,指望
Eg. That was the only thing they could count on.
那是他们唯一依靠的东西。
Eg. Don' t count on a salary increase this year.
别指望今年会加薪。
Eg. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.
一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。
Eg. Ben could always count on his sister to help him out of trouble.
本总是会依赖他的妹妹帮他解决困难。
Eg. You can count on him because he is a reliable man.
你可以信赖他,因为他是个可靠的人。
-
英语口语练习小对话 第272期:眼不见,心不烦
迷你对话:A:IhearthatTomgotdivorced,andIdon’tknowhowheisnow.我听说汤姆离婚了,不知道他现在怎么样了。B:Outofsight,outofmind.眼不见,心不烦。A:Whodoyoumean?什么意思?B:Don’tyouknowtheyhavehadlittleaffectionforeachother?难道你不知道他们夫...
-
英语口语练习小对话 第89期:戒除恶习
迷你对话:A:Youlookpale,youmusthavepoorhealth.你脸色很苍白,身体一定不大好。B:Yeah.Yousaidit.是的,你说对了。A:Whynotgotoseethedoctor?那为什么不去看医生呢?B:I’vedonethat.Thedoctoradvisedmetocutoutsmokinganddrinking.我去了。医生叫我戒酒戒烟。地道...
-
英语口语练习小对话 第350期:失败后重新站起来
第一、迷你对话A:HowisJimrecently?Jim最近如何?B:Hehaslosthisjob,andhiswifediedfromcancernotlongbefore.他丢了工作,他的妻子不就前又死于癌症。A:Poorguy!Itwilltakehimalongtimetogetbackonhisfeet.可怜的人!他需要很长的时间才能重新站起来。...
-
英语口语练习小对话 第54期:大吃一惊
迷你对话:A:John'sfathergotmarriedagain.约翰的父亲又结婚了。B:Marriedwhom?他娶了谁?A:IfItellyou.,youmustbecompletelytakenaback.我要是告诉你,你一定会大吃一惊。B:Comeon.Tellmewhathappened.快点说吧。说给我听发生了什么事情。A:Hemarriedagirlwhoison...