留学英语口语 第7期:找公寓
LARRY: I reAlly appreciate your driving me around.
赖瑞:我真的很感谢你开车带我绕一绕。CONRAD: It's no problem.I have time today, and I think it's important that you find a good place.
康若德:没关系的。我今天有时间,我也认为你能找到一个好地方住是很重要的。LARRY: It would be hard for just me to do it. I don't know the city at all.
赖瑞:我自己来做的话会比较难。我对这个城市并不了解。
CONRAD: So what do you see in there?
康若德:那你看到了些什么?LARRY: This one sounds good. "Efficiency with view of the lake."Utilities and parking included. Newly remodeled kitchen. $470.
赖瑞:这一个听起来不错。套房且有湖的景观。水电及停车都包含在内,新装潢过的厨房,四百七十美元。CONRAD: Can you afford that much?
康若德:你能负担得起吗?LARRY: No, I guess not. But that's what I want, isn't it? An efficiency.
赖瑞:不,我想不行。但那就是我要的,是吧?一间“套房”。CONRAD: Yes, an efficiency is a small lly one large room and a small e is often a small kitchen too. So it's good for one person.
康若德:对,套房的意思是一间小的公寓。通常是一间大的房间和一间小的浴室。往往还有一间小厨房,所以一个人住是不错的。LARRY: How about this one?"Downtown efficiency. Furnished..." What does furnished mean?
赖瑞:这一个怎么样?“市中心套房,含家具...”,“含家具”是什么意思?CONRAD: That means the apartment has furniture in it.
康若德:那间公寓是含家具的。LARRY: That's good.
赖瑞:很好。CONRAD: Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. You have to like the furniture.
康若德:有的时候是不错的,有时是不好的。你必须喜欢那些家具。LARRY: "Furnished. Parking included. $400."
赖瑞:“含家具,含停车位,四百美元。”CONRAD: It's still pretty expensive.
康若德:但还是蛮贵的。LARRY: Yes, but it's downtown. I would like to take look at this one.
赖瑞:是呀,但是在市中心。我想去看一看这一间。CONRAD: Alright. What's the phone number?
康若德:好的,电话号码是几号?LARRY: 256-7797.
赖瑞:256-7797。CONRAD: Got it. What else do you see?
康若德:记下来了,你还看到什么?LARRY: This one. "Two male grad students seeking roommate."Must be quiet. Comfortable downtown apartment."Does this mean I have to share a room with them?
赖瑞:这一个。“两个男研究生在找室友。必须要安静。在市中心舒适的公寓。”这个意思是我需要跟他们共用一间房吗?CONRAD: No. It probably means they have a large ably a living room, kitchen and three need someone for the empty bedroom.
康若德:不是,大概意思是他们有一套大的公寓。大概是一个客厅,厨房和三间卧室。他们需要一个人去分担另一间空房。LARRY: That sounds alright.
赖瑞:听起来还不错。CONRAD: Yes, it might be an advantage for you. You are a foreigner, after they're alright roommates, you could learn a lot from them.
康若德:是的,这对你来说或许是有益的。到底你是一个外国人。如果他们是还不错的室友,你还可以从他们那里学到一点东西。LARRY: Here's the number, 256-4367.
赖瑞:号码是:256-4367。CONRAD: Got 's call these two and see if we can make appointments to see the apartments.
康若德:写下来了。那我们赶快打电话给这两间,然后我们可以安排时间去看。LARRY: Sounds good to me. I really appreciate your help on this.
赖瑞:听起来不错,我真的很感谢你的帮忙。CONRAD: Don't mention it, Larry. What are friends for anyway?
康若德:不用客气,赖瑞。朋友是用来做什么的?-
学英语环游世界 第505期:成为自己最爱的样子
现在你可以加入Lily的12.15日启动的LarkLab每日清晨五点直播参与我们的免费晨间打卡,一起运动、冥想、和读书,或透过我们的公众账号iflyclub,回复早起阅读5amClub或收听其他英语有声书,注册得60天免费试读:Day36Chapter10:The4FocusesofHistory-Makers(Part7)场景:...
-
美国习惯用语 第20讲:Up in arms
美国习惯用语-第20讲:UpinarmsAtarm'slength在美国人讲话时,或从书刊报纸上,你经常可以听到或见到一些由手臂,就是英文里的arms这个字组成的成语或俗语。有些习惯用语从字面上就可以很明显地了解它的意思,不需要解释。Withopenarms就是一个很好的例子。当你听到一...
-
愉悦口语第1016期:出国点餐 必备5句表达
讲解文本:seme.Howlongisthewait?请问还要等多久seme.CanIhavethemenu,please?请给我一份菜单号码?doyourecommend?有什么推荐的菜吗?'stheWiFipassword,please?请问WiFi密码是多少?seme.Check,please.你好,买单。疯狂练习吧!喜欢yuyu老师就加微信hahahchicai...
-
洋话连篇 第46课:I''m worn out! 我太累了
==第46课=I'mwornout!我太累了。48.老天保佑164.I'mwornout!我太累了。(I'mworn-out!wornout是从衣服的被动时态转换而来的。衣服已经旧到了快要被扔掉的时候,当人感到自己很累)我已经疲惫不堪了。165.Takeabreak休息了一会儿。(休息一下,各种各样的休息方式...