跟艾米莉一起学口语 第568期:和女朋友分手
split/break up
分手
I didn't know you had split/broken up.
我不知道你们已经分手了。
stand sb up
放某人鸽子
You stood me up last time.
你上次放了我鸽子。
blow up at sb
对某人发火
I'm sorry I blew up at you yesterday.
很抱歉昨天我冲你发火了。
a good catch
抢手货
Mary's boyfriend is a good catch.
玛丽的男朋友条件很好。
A: How is everything going with your girlfriend?
你和你的女朋友怎么样了?
B: Didn't I tell you? It's over.
我没告诉你吗,我们吹了。
A: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't know you had split up. What happened?
啊,我很抱歉,我不知道你们分手的事,这是怎么回事?
B: It was a few things. The first thing happened was that we were supposed to go out for a romantic dinner for our one year anniversary, but she stood me up.
有那么几件事,第一件就是我们相识一周年纪念日那天,本来打算去吃一顿非常浪漫的晚餐,结果她放了我鸽子。
A: Really? Did she tell you why she didn't show up?
真的吗,她没有解释为什么没去吗?
B: No. but I ended up finding out later that night when I saw her with another man at a club near my home.
没有,不过那天晚上我看到她和另一个男人在我家附近的俱乐部里,我还有什么可以在探究的。
A: What was she thinking? Did you confront her about it when you saw her?
她到底在想什么呀,你看见她的时候有没有当面揭穿她?
B: I wanted to, but I knew if I spoke to her, I'd just blow up at her. So I decided to just go home. I called her later that night, but she didn't answer the phone.
我本来是想这么做,这可是我知道,如果我们当面对质,我会冲她发火。所以我决定掉头回家,后来夜里我给她打电话,她根本就不接。
A: I can't believe she would do that to you. It's so dishonest and rude.
我真是不能想象她居然这么对你,这样太不忠诚了,而且很没有礼貌。
B: I know. And I still haven't heard from her.
我知道,我现在还没有收到她的消息。
A: I bet you she regrets what she's done. You're such a good catch. She really lost out, didn't she?
我敢打赌,她肯定会为自己所做的事情后悔的,你是多好的一个人啊!她损失可大了,对吧?
B: I guess so.
我觉得也是。
A: It's always nice to have some closure. But I don't think you'll have a problem finding another girlfriend. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
有些关系还是结束的好,我觉得你找女朋友绝对不是难事,天涯何处芳草。
-
美国习惯用语 第68期:to kick up one's heels
美国习惯用语-第68讲:tokickupone'sheelstokickoff大家大概都看到过一匹年轻的俊马在宽阔的草原上兴高彩烈地奔跑的情景吧!这是一幅很美丽的图象,马的前腿往前伸展,后腿很有节奏地往上踢。美国有一个俗语就是建筑在这一形像之上的。这个俗语就是:tokickupone'she...
-
中华人民共和国未成年人保护法
第一条为了保护未成年人的身心健康,保障未成年人的合法权益,促进未成年人在品德、智力、体质等方面全面发展,培养有理想、有道德、有文化、有纪律的社会主义建设者和接班人,根据宪法,制定本法。第二条本法所称未成年人是指未满十八周岁的公民。第三条未成年人享有生...
-
美国习惯用语 第82讲:to give somebody a piece of one's&
美国习惯用语-第82讲:togivesomebodyapieceofone'smindtotellsomeoneoff今天我们要给大家介绍两个表示非常生气的习惯用语。你有没有因为十分生气而对别人大发雷霆?美国人有一个说法是形容这种情绪的,那就是:togivesomeoneapieceofone'smind。Togivesomeoneapie...
-
学英语环游世界 第484期:你有早起的习惯吗
现在你可以随时加入Lily的清晨五点俱乐部参与我们的免费晨间打卡或是付费的直播活动,一起运动、冥想、和读书,或透过我们的公众账号iflyclub,回复早起阅读5amClub或收听其他英语有声书,注册得60天免费试读:Day15Chapter6:AFlighttoPeakProductivity,virtuosityandu...