多年后,我终于变成了最好的自己
I'm 28(M), and for the first time in my adult life I am completely happy and at peace.
今年我28岁了,成年之后,这是第一次,我感到自己心中充满了喜悦和安宁
There were so many times I wanted to give up
曾经有那么多次,我想要放弃
but didn't out of fear of hurting other people
却并没有那样去做,因为我害怕伤害别人
or causing them problems.
或者给别人制造麻烦
But now as I sit writing this,
可是现在,当我坐在桌前写这篇文章的时候
I own my own home after years of financial mistakes,
我已经解决了多年的财政危机,买下了自己所住的房子
I have had a job for the last year and a half
过去的一年半以来,我做着自己梦寐以求的工作
that I'd kept applying for every year for seven years,
这份工作我花了七年时间才争取到,每年都在争取
and by letting go completely of my self judgement,
我放下了自己的偏见
I've found a wonderful girlfriend
有了一个非常好的女友
who is supportive , loving
她总是支持我,关爱我
and makes me feel like I can conquer the world.
她让我觉得,自己可以征服整个世界
My health is improving
我的健康状况也逐渐改善
after trying consistently to find a diet and exercise plan that works.
过去我一直在寻找一套有效的节食锻炼方案
I have a little bit of debt left that is slowly being whittled down
我的债务还剩下一点儿,它正逐步缩小
and have an end plan for that being paid.
我已经有了计划,打算一举偿清所有债务
The only advice I can give to anyone who read this is
对那些正读着这篇文章的人,我能给出的唯一的建议就是
if I can do it so can you,
既然我能做到,你也一定能
persuade people to hang in there is so cliche
告诉别人坚持住,这听上去像是陈词滥调
but honestly, when you keep pushing forward
可是,说真的,当你坚持向前走的时候
and up there IS eventually a flat ground that sees all your hard work pay off.
你一定会攀上一处平坦的高地,纵览来时的路,你会发现所有的辛苦都是值得的。
-
《神奇动物》来袭
JohnnyDepp'sNotoriousB.I.G.thrillerCityofLieshasbeenpulledfromthescheduleamonthbeforeitwassettohittheaters.约翰尼·德普(JohnnyDepp)的声名狼藉先生(TheNotoriousBIG)的剧情片《谎言之城》(CityofLies)本来将要登陆院线,但是一个月前临时撤档。Themovie,...
-
囧研究:只有13%的人有意义的工作
AlmosthalfofAmericanadultsworkfull-timeforanemployer,butonly13%workfull-timeforanemployerandareactuallyexcitedbywhattheydo.几乎有一半的美国成年人从事全职工作,但是只有13%的全职工作者对所做的事情保持激情。That'sjustoneofthefindingsfromGallup...
-
特朗普依旧不承认自己低估了新冠疫情
OnFebruary23,WhiteHousetradeadviserPeterNavarroaddressedamemotoPresidentDonaldTrumpwarningthatasmanyas2millionAmericanscoulddiefromthecoronavirus.Trumpwantsyoutobelieveitwasneverbroughttohisattention.2月23日,白宫贸易顾问彼得·纳瓦罗在发给唐...
-
乔治小王子叫孩子他爹不是daddy?——
Thistime,itcomesintheformofanadorableanecdotefromKateMiddletonaboutPrinceGeorgeandPrincessCharlotteandwhattheirchoiceofnamefortheirdad,PrinceWilliam,is.这一次,凯特·米德尔顿(KateMiddleton)讲了一段萌萌哒的轶事,讲的是乔治王子(PrinceGeorge)和夏...