朋友们的小小心意 让我泪流满面
So, a couple of weeks ago
就在几个星期之前
my family found out that my Uncle has stage four brain cancer.
一家人突然得知,我的叔叔患有脑癌,已经是第四阶段了
I was very upset with the news
这个消息让我十分震惊
as I have lived with him for the past nine years.
过去9年以来,我一直和他生活在一起
About a week later, was my B-DAY
就在一个星期之后就是我的生日,
and I really didn't want to celebrate it with all that was going on.
得知这个消息之后一连串的事情,让我根本无心庆祝生日
I just got me some cupcakes
我只是买了几只纸杯蛋糕
and went to my friends house to watch TV.
到朋友家去看了会儿电视
At some point during the evening,
这天夜里某个时刻
it slipped out that it was my B-DAY,
家人偶然得知,这天是我的生日
but I told them not to worry about it.
但我告诉他们,不用在意,
The next week, I arrived at my friends house to watch TV,
一个星期之后,我到朋友家去看电视
and found a surprise birthday party waiting for me.
发现他们居然为我准备了一个惊喜派对
All of my friends were there,
我的朋友全都在场
some driving three hours, to be there.
其中一些人开了足足三个小时的车,就为了参加我的惊喜派对
And I nearly cried because of it.
为此我差点痛哭流涕
-
卡戴珊超白牙齿大揭秘
We'reconstantlywish-listingeverythingKimKardashianWesthas;fromherout-of-budgetBirkinbagcollectiontoanyproductfromher$3,000beautyroutine,wewanttotryitall.Butwedidn'tthinkwe'dbeadding“heroralhygienesecrets”toourshoppingcarts…untilnow,wh...
-
肯德基或将推出素食炸鸡?这是认真的吗?
KentuckyFriedChickenmayjusthavetochangeitsnametoKentuckyFauxChicken.That'sbecausethefriedchickengiantisreportedlytestingout–dareIsaytastingout–somevegetarianmeatalternatives.肯德基的原名可能要从“KentuckyFriedChicken”改为“KentuckyFauxC...
-
哈里和梅根推迟美国和加拿大国事访问,原因是想带孩子一起去
TheDuchessofSussexissettoreturntobothherformerhomeswhensheembarksonanofficialtourofCanadaandtheUSnextAutumn-withHarryandtheirnewbaby.苏塞克斯公爵夫人在明年秋天的加拿大和美国的国事访问会时预计会带着哈里和他们的的宝宝回到之前美国的家里。Sourc...
-
囧研究:只有13%的人有意义的工作
AlmosthalfofAmericanadultsworkfull-timeforanemployer,butonly13%workfull-timeforanemployerandareactuallyexcitedbywhattheydo.几乎有一半的美国成年人从事全职工作,但是只有13%的全职工作者对所做的事情保持激情。That'sjustoneofthefindingsfromGallup...