“烫头”的英语为啥是perm?
你知道烫头发的英语为什么是perm吗?先来看看《Tuca and Bertie》的这个片段,学一下permanent这个词是什么意思吧。
对话原文
Oh, Speckie is gonna hate me.
斯派克会很恨死我的。
The first seed of resentment has been planted.
第一颗怨恨之种已经种下了。
This is my first time living with a boyfriend,
这是我第一次和男朋友同居,
and I already totally fricked it up.
而我已经搞砸了。
Hey, don't worry.
别担心。
Worst-case scenario, you guys break up,
最坏的情况是你们分手了,
and then I can move back in.
我就又能搬回来了。
I don't want that! I want to live with my boyfriend.
我不想那样,我想和男朋友同居。
So, this is really permanent?
所以你真打算和他一直住吗?
Well, I hope so.
希望如此。
Why are you doing this to me?
你为什么要这么对我?
This isn't about you!
这与你无关!
Everything was great when we lived together.
我们同居的时候一切安好。
But now it's all, "Tuca, get your box of stuff out of the way!"
现在成了“图卡,把你的箱子拿走”,
"Tuca, get my sugar turt!"
“图卡,把糖龟找回来”,
"Tuca, erase yourself from the apartment we shared for six years,
“图卡,离开我们同居了六年的公寓,
so I don't have to be reminded of you
这样我就不会再想起你,
while I'm living my perfect life with my boyfriend!"
好和我的男朋友幸福生活了”。
I never said that--
我从来没说过...
Now you're settling down, doing this normie life-plan bullshit,
现在你安定下来, 做着平凡的人生规划,
and you're gonna get married,
然后你就会结婚,
and have babies, and host dinner parties,
生小孩,办晚宴,
where you serve things like crostini and bruschetta.
给大家上寇斯提尼和蒜蓉面包。
Well, you're not fooling me.
你骗不了我。
Those are just toast!
那只不过是烤面包而已!
What?
什么?
And you never wanna have fun adventures anymore.
你永远都不会再经历有趣的冒险了。
You'd rather stay at home and be boring.
宁愿在家里无聊着。
今日重点:
怨恨:resentment。动词是resent,怨恨,愤恨
最坏情况:worst-case
情景:scenario
分手:break up
永久的:permanent。和卷发相比,烫发维持的时间更长,所以这个词也可表示烫发,省略为perm
想起:remind of
定居:settle down
愚弄:fool。这个词也可作名词,表示“傻瓜”
冒险:adventure。形容词adventurous,爱冒险的
-
英语口语练习小对话 第265期:吓得要命
迷你对话:A:WhenshetoldmethatshewouldmarrynomanbutDick,myheartwasalmostinmymouth.当她告诉我除了Dick她谁也不嫁时,我吓得要命。B:Youwerescared,too?IdarednottellyoumyfeelingwhenIheardthat.Ialmostgofaint.你也很害怕吗?我不敢告诉你我听到这个消息时的感...
-
英语口语练习小对话 第301期:结束 落幕
迷你对话A:MaryandIdecidedtoringthecurtaindownonourloveaffair.我和玛丽决定分手了。B:What?Youhavebeeninloveforsixyears,haven’tyou?什么?你们相爱了六年了,不是吗?A:Don’tmakeafuss.Manypeopledivorceafterhavinglivingtogetherformanyyears.不...
-
英语口语练习小对话 第169期:追拿归案
迷你对话:A:Hewashauleduplastweekforthesecondtime.他上周又被捕了。B:Youmeanhehadbeenputinprisonbefore.你的意思是说他以前进过监狱。A:Ofcourse,heisamanwithahistory.当然,他是个有前科的人。B:Oh,hefooledme.噢,他愚弄了我。地道表达:haulsomeoneup解词释...
-
ASAP是啥意思?
英文中有很多缩写,其中有个很常用的ASAP你知道是什么意思吗?看看《极品老妈》的这个片段吧。 对话原文 Iscrewedup.Iorderedchickenpaillard,我搞砸了我点了炙鸡肉butitwassupposedtobeahangersteak.但其实应该是腹肉牛排It'strue.是的Afteralltheseyears,she...