跟艾米莉一起学口语 第757期:双方议价
make concessions
做出让步
We made too many concessions and we got too little in return.
我们做了很多让步,但是回报太少。
have no point in doing something.../There is no point in doing something...
做某事没有意义
We would have no point in going on tAlking.
我们没有意义继续谈下去了。
meet each other halfway
相互让步;相互妥协;各让一半
I suggest we meet each other halfway.
我建议我们互相妥协。
Reach/Come to an agreement on...
在...上达成协议/一致
I'm glad that we have reached an agreement on the price.
我很开心我们在价格问题上达成 一致。
Conversation:
A: Mr Smith. This is our rock-bottom price, we can't make any further concessions.
史密斯先生,这是我们的最低价了,我们不能再做出让步了。
B: If that's the case, we would have no point in going on talking. You and I both know that I am a wholesaler. If I sell it to others at this price, not only will they not buy it, but I have no interest in it.
如果是这样的话,就没有谈下去的意义了。因为你我都明白我是批发商,如果我以这个价格成批的卖给他人的话,不仅他们不会购买,我也没有什么利益可图了。
A: I mean the price you asked for is too low. We can't go down to that level. We wouldn't be willing to lose money in business, right?
我的意思是你方要求的价格实在太低了,我们是绝对不可能降到那种程度的,我们都不会愿意赔本做生意的,对吗?
B: I think it's unwise for either of us to insist on our own price. We should all make some concessions so that our business can be settled.
我觉得我们双方都坚持自己的价格,是不明智的。我们都应该做出让步,这样我们的生意就能谈成了。
A: What's your advice?
你的建议是什么?
B: The price you offered is $160 more than our acceptable price. I suggest we meet each other halfway.
你方提出的价格与我们可接受的价格相比,多了160美元。我建议我们各让一半。
A: Do you mean I should make further reduction of $80. That is impossible.
你的意思是我在给你降价80美元吗?那是不可能的。
B: So what is your suggestion then?
那你们的意见呢?
A: We can only offer you a reduction of $20, which is really our rock-bottom price. I swear we never sold it at this price.
我们最多只能给你降价20美元,这真的是我们的最低价了。我发誓我们从来没有以这种价格出售过。
B: Okay, I am glad that we have reached an agreement on the price. Let my assistant contact you for the next thing.
好的,很高兴我们在价格上达成了一致。接下来的事情就让我的助理联系你吧。
A: Alright. You can really have a way. I admire you.
好的,你可真有办法,我佩服你。
-
美国习惯用语 第68期:to kick up one's heels
美国习惯用语-第68讲:tokickupone'sheelstokickoff大家大概都看到过一匹年轻的俊马在宽阔的草原上兴高彩烈地奔跑的情景吧!这是一幅很美丽的图象,马的前腿往前伸展,后腿很有节奏地往上踢。美国有一个俗语就是建筑在这一形像之上的。这个俗语就是:tokickupone'she...
-
中华人民共和国未成年人保护法
第一条为了保护未成年人的身心健康,保障未成年人的合法权益,促进未成年人在品德、智力、体质等方面全面发展,培养有理想、有道德、有文化、有纪律的社会主义建设者和接班人,根据宪法,制定本法。第二条本法所称未成年人是指未满十八周岁的公民。第三条未成年人享有生...
-
美国习惯用语 第82讲:to give somebody a piece of one's&
美国习惯用语-第82讲:togivesomebodyapieceofone'smindtotellsomeoneoff今天我们要给大家介绍两个表示非常生气的习惯用语。你有没有因为十分生气而对别人大发雷霆?美国人有一个说法是形容这种情绪的,那就是:togivesomeoneapieceofone'smind。Togivesomeoneapie...
-
学英语环游世界 第484期:你有早起的习惯吗
现在你可以随时加入Lily的清晨五点俱乐部参与我们的免费晨间打卡或是付费的直播活动,一起运动、冥想、和读书,或透过我们的公众账号iflyclub,回复早起阅读5amClub或收听其他英语有声书,注册得60天免费试读:Day15Chapter6:AFlighttoPeakProductivity,virtuosityandu...