跟艾米莉一起学口语 第787期:要求“加薪”
实用句子
I want a raise.
我要加薪。
Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?
我们能找个时间讨论一下我的薪水问题吗?
It's enough to live on.
养家糊口够了。
The best thing about my job is that I get lots of benefits——a company pension, private health insurance and things like that.
这份工作最棒的地方就是福利好,有公司养老金,个人健康保险和类似这样的其他福利。
You may have one-month of paid holiday every year.
你每年有一个月的带薪休假。
I want a promotion.
我想升职。
经典对话
A: Could we possibly discuss my salary sometime?
我们可不可以找一些时间谈谈我的工资问题?
B: Sure.
当然可以。
A: First of all, I want you to know that I really like working for this company. Do you think I'm doing a good job here?
首先,我想跟您说,我非常喜欢在咱们公司工作。你觉得我干得还不错吧?
B: Well. You're a very hard-worker.
嗯,你工作非常勤恳。
A:I try very hard. The problem is my salary just isn't enough to live on. Now that I have a wife and a child to support, we hardly have enough money for food and rent.
我非常卖力了。问题是,我的工资不够养家糊口。因为我家里还有老婆和孩子,我们的钱都不足以支付房租和饮食的开销。
B: There are trying times for everyone. What do you propose?
每个人都有一段困难的时期,你有什么建议?
A: I could really use a 5% raise.
我想涨百分之五的工资。
B: That's quite a bit. If I give you a raise, I'm going to have to give everyone a raise.
太多了。如果你涨了,大家都得涨。
A: Listen, if you give me a raise, I'll take on extra responsibilities.
你听我说,如果你给我涨工资,我可以承担更多的责任。
B: That sounds reasonable. How about this? From now on, you can be responsible for scheduling. That means if you can't find someone to cover a shift, then you'll have to do it.
这听起来很合理。要不这样吧,从现在开始倒班安排由你负责。那就是说如果有人不能值班,你就得自己来值班。
A: That's fine. Do I get over-time for any extra hours that I work?
行,如果我超时工作的话会按加班算吗?
B: Of course. It'll be against the law If we didn't.
当然算,不然我们就违法了。
A: That sounds good to me. I really appreciate it.
这似乎对我挺合适的,太感谢你了。
B: You're welcome. come in early tomorrow and I'll show you how to do the scheduling.
不客气,明天早点来,我告诉你怎么排班。
-
美国习惯用语 第68期:to kick up one's heels
美国习惯用语-第68讲:tokickupone'sheelstokickoff大家大概都看到过一匹年轻的俊马在宽阔的草原上兴高彩烈地奔跑的情景吧!这是一幅很美丽的图象,马的前腿往前伸展,后腿很有节奏地往上踢。美国有一个俗语就是建筑在这一形像之上的。这个俗语就是:tokickupone'she...
-
中华人民共和国未成年人保护法
第一条为了保护未成年人的身心健康,保障未成年人的合法权益,促进未成年人在品德、智力、体质等方面全面发展,培养有理想、有道德、有文化、有纪律的社会主义建设者和接班人,根据宪法,制定本法。第二条本法所称未成年人是指未满十八周岁的公民。第三条未成年人享有生...
-
美国习惯用语 第82讲:to give somebody a piece of one's&
美国习惯用语-第82讲:togivesomebodyapieceofone'smindtotellsomeoneoff今天我们要给大家介绍两个表示非常生气的习惯用语。你有没有因为十分生气而对别人大发雷霆?美国人有一个说法是形容这种情绪的,那就是:togivesomeoneapieceofone'smind。Togivesomeoneapie...
-
学英语环游世界 第484期:你有早起的习惯吗
现在你可以随时加入Lily的清晨五点俱乐部参与我们的免费晨间打卡或是付费的直播活动,一起运动、冥想、和读书,或透过我们的公众账号iflyclub,回复早起阅读5amClub或收听其他英语有声书,注册得60天免费试读:Day15Chapter6:AFlighttoPeakProductivity,virtuosityandu...